The Mockingbird Times is always looking for new writers, artists and photographers from around the country to contribute to the paper. We welcome submissions from young people who have experienced the foster care system and/or homelessness and pay between $20 and $25 per published piece.
$20-25 poetry, artwork, photos, articles, essays or reviews between 300-750 words
- No profanity, glorified violence or sexuality.
- No racist, homophobic, sexist or other discriminatory works accepted.
- No names of people or agencies without their consent.
- The name you would like published with your submission (if different from your name).
- Contact information (phone number and/or email).
- Mailing address where you would like the payment sent.
By submitting your entry, you agree to the following terms:
- As the author of your submission, you retain full ownership of it and may publish it elsewhere or otherwise do what you wish with it without the permission of The Mockingbird Society.
- You represent and warrant that your submission is your original work and is not copied from or include anyone else's work.
- The Mockingbird Society may use your submission for any purpose. You grant to The Mockingbird Society a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, fully-paid up, irrevocable license to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display and create derivative works of your submission.
- The Mockingbird Society may or may not publish your submission, at its sole discretion. While The Mockingbird Society will try to preserve the character of your submission in any publication of your submission, The Mockingbird Society reserves the right to edit your submission as it sees fit.
- As full consideration for your entering into this contract, The Mockingbird Society will pay you the sum of $20 – $25. We will mail you a check to the address you provide.
Please mail your submission to:
The Mockingbird Society
Mockingbird Times Submission
2100 24th Avenue South, Suite 240
Seattle, WA 98144
Phone: (206) 323-5437
Fax: (206) 323-1003